“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.” – Henry David Thoreau
Dr. Sajjad Khan specializes in services for children and adults, aged 6 to 20, with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder NOS, also known as Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), since symptoms can vary greatly from one person to another. Treatment approaches are targeted at reducing undesirable symptoms and shaping new behaviors. Each person’s uniqueness is recognized, and treatment is individualized according to specific needs, whether it involves working on social skills, increasing communication, practicing flexibility, or using strategies to reduce challenging behaviors such as tantrums.
Dr. Khan works with parents and other family members so that they can apply interventions and help in the maintenance and generalization of the treatment plan. He also coordinates with other specialists who are working with the family, such as physicians, speech therapists, or special education teachers. Both individual therapy and group therapy are offered to clients and families.
Our Services For Autism Include
- Assessment of each person’s unique symptoms and abilities
- Treatment planning with parents, physicians, teachers, dietitians, and therapists
- Behavioral interventions including social skills coaching, behavior modification, and individual/family counseling
- Parent/sibling coaching and counseling
- Coordination of IEP and 504 plans for school/college