Dr. Sajjad Khan specializes in services for children, adolescents, and adults with Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder NOS, also known as Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), since symptoms can vary greatly from one person to another. Treatment approaches are targeted at reducing undesirable symptoms and shaping new behaviors. Each person’s uniqueness is recognized, and treatment is individualized according to specific needs, whether it involves working on social skills, increasing communication, practicing flexibility, or using strategies to reduce challenging behaviors such as tantrums.
Both Dr. Khan and Dr. Jessica Jupiter work with parents and other family members so that they can apply interventions and help in the maintenance and generalization of the treatment plan. They also coordinate with other specialists who are working with the family, such as physicians, speech therapists, or special education teachers. Both individual therapy and group therapy are offered to clients and families.
Click here for information about the Adaptive College Experience (ACE) Program for high school students with ASD, or current college students with ASD, who would benefit from learning adaptive skills (organization, social skills, self-regulation) for the college setting.
OUR SERVICES FOR AUTISM INCLUDE:
- Assessment of each person’s unique symptoms and abilities
- Treatment planning with parents, physicians, teachers, dietitians, and therapists
- Behavioral interventions including social skills coaching, behavior modification, and individual/family counseling
- Parent/sibling coaching and counseling
- Coordination of IEP and 504 plans for school/college