Depression Group for Teens and Young Adults
106 Elden Street Suite 17 Herndon, VA 20170
Serving our community in Northern Virginia.
This virtual group, led by Dr. Jessica Jupiter, is for teenagers and young adults who experience various forms of depression, including those that co-occur with other disorders. Each group focuses on Cognitive Behavioral Treatment (CBT) strategies for the treatment of depression, with opportunities to learn and practice skills and present concerns.
- Learn about the role of thoughts in depression and the impact on emotions and behavior.
- Learn evidence-based treatment strategies to reduce depression symptoms.
- Practice skills during sessions to challenge negative/unhelpful thoughts.
- Learn about the role of behaviors in reducing symptoms of depression and increasing positive mood and experiences.
- Practice treatment strategies through specific individual activities in the interim between sessions.
- Receive reinforcement and social support from group members.
Duration and Cost
- Eight, 50-minute group sessions, twice monthly
- $125 per session