LGBTQIA Teen Support Group
106 Elden Street Suite 17 Herndon, VA 20170
Serving our community in Northern Virginia.
This virtual group, led by Dr. Jessica Jupiter, includes teenagers (ages 13-18) who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, or asexual. The group provides a safe space for teenagers to explore feelings and concerns and to practice positive communication skills. Weekly topics are presented along with education and research about the LGBTQIA experience.
- Process emotions and experiences related to their LGBTQIA identity.
- Learn strategies for communicating needs and experiences in an adaptive manner.
- Provide and receive encouragement from other group members.
- Learn about and discuss information from LGBTQIA research studies.
- Practice skills related to mental health risk or concerns.
Duration and Cost
- Six 50-minute group sessions, held every 2 weeks
- $125 per session